The BIM Coordinator develops and maintains BIM work as assigned by the BIM Director. Provides technical and analytical support to the BIM team by overseeing and supporting Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) approaches for planning, coordination, problem solving and integration throughout all phases of projects and potential projects.
- Involved in implementation of BIM processes for several uses in the company including, but not limited to, cost estimating, planning, integrated project delivery
- Coordinates with project teams and operations managers to use BIM technologies to enhance project plans
- Contributes to marketing materials and business development plans
- Aid in Development of Construction Process Plan Drawings for Internal and External Coordination and Communication
- Work with Survey Manager to coordinate work between the BIM and survey groups
- Assist in quality control for completeness and adherence to company standards of all shop drawings produced
- Assist on project work including modeling and detailing
- Work with self-perform groups to explore and implement strategies for creating efficiencies by leveraging BIM
- Work with Safety and Quality Departments on possible enhancements to standard operating procedures by adding BIM-based technologies
- Help resolve BIM design issues
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Thorough knowledge of BIM. Highly motivated team player that can work in internal and external team environments. Exceptional communication skills required. Excitement about BIM and how it can improve the processes and projects at F.H. Paschen.
Education and Training
Four Year College Degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management and 1-2 years related experience within the construction or engineering / design industry.
Technical Skills (Must be able to demonstrate a proven ability to manage)
Candidates must be able to read and interpret construction documents including contract drawings, specifications, project schedules and scopes of work. Proficiency with BIM-based applications, such as Navisworks Manage, Trimble SketchUp and Autodesk Revit, is required. Experience with graphic design is encouraged.
Apply for this Position